Rock the Dock
Thursday, April 4th
Lake Charles Civic Center Marina
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Admission to this event is open to the public, but in order to sample the drinks and vote for the winner a $10 tasting band must be purchased on site. (Must be 21 or older and present valid ID at time of purchase).
Each taster will be given two tickets to vote for their favorite cocktail. These can be used for two different drinks if you can’t decide or they can both be used on the same drink if it’s that good.
At 8:30, we will award the winning cocktails.
For competing bartenders, the rules are as follows:
- Main drink ingredient must be rum.
- No frozen drinks. Only strained or over ice.
- Drinks must be made on-site. No pre-made batches will be accepted.
- Must be served in disposable containers with a 1 oz. sample of the cocktail.
- Prepare to serve 600 - 800 samples.
- You must provide all your own ingredients, rum, mixers, utensils, and serving containers. Servings will be made to order, so any unused ingredient go home with you.
- Each contestant will be given four eight-foot tables to set up for their "bar".
- You may decorate your table. That includes banners, printed menus, coupons, flyers, email club sign-up lists, etc.
- No charge to participate!
- The top 3 cocktails by popular vote will be allowed to compete in the "Mix Off" on May 9th at Contraband Days.
- Submit the name of your restaurant, bartender name and the name of your rum cocktail to Steven (email@example.com) by April 1st. We will be printing this information to accompany the “tip jars” at each station so voters know which bartender made their favorite drink and what it’s called.